Monday…. the start of a brand new week!! Finally done with my online class and my work schedule has calmed down a bit. So I will have more time to workout and post more on my blog 🙂
My brother bought a dummy (Century Bob Body) to do some boxing then ended up getting a membership for MMA (mixed martial arts), so I decided to make use of the dummy and do some boxing to mix into my workouts.
Equipment I used:
- Wrist wraps/ boxing gloves
- Something to hit …please don’t use a real person.
(Preferably a punching bag, or dummy)
If you don’t have either you can always punch the air
- & Music which makes the workout that much better
I did 3 sets of each in this order:
- Started with 1-2 minutes of jumprope
- 10 Burpees
- 10 pushups
- 20 high kicks or body kicks (10 with left leg and 10 with right leg)
- 10 squats
- 10 jabs with left and right
- 10 jab & cross combination (left and right)-
- 10 jabs, cross & hook combination (left and right)
- 10 jabs, cross, hook & upper cut combination (left and right)
- Then ended with a few stretches
If you aren’t familiar with the combinations I found a short 6 minute youtube video that explains the combinations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYzcINZyjvw
I am not an expert at this, this is just what I add into my workouts to tone my arms. I’m still working on form and keeping that guard arm up. Also, if you try this workout be very careful of how you are hitting and make sure you protect your wrists with wraps. I hope you’re able to try this. Enjoy 🙂
I had crazy 12 hour shifts and finals so I wasn’t able to do yoga too often or post my progress. I am currently on day 25 of YBC Tone Up Program and aside from the boxing today I will be doing day 25 of the program. If you’d like to see my progress stay tuned and I’ll be posting it shortly after on Instagram on @mypursuitofhappy so go follow me 🙂
I also just wanted to share with you my delicious sandwich I had for lunch since I love food and it had bacon and avocado <3
Not all Monday’s have to be Munndays that drag along..
Have a lovely Monday!!